Presidential Active Lifestyle Award
Welcome! A little over a year ago, First Lady Michelle Obama unveiled her "Let's Move" initiative to combat childhood obesity. PALA is a six-week long physical fitness challenge managed by the President's Council on Physical Fitness, Sports, and Nutrition.
Mr. Levi Horn, a professional football player with the Chicago Bears and member of the Northern Cheyenne Tribe as well as a representative of Nike's programs for American Indian and Aboriginal communities, called Nike N7, is serving as the face of this program.
The goals of the challenge are:
- Every person commits to participate in some form of physical activity five days a week, for six out of eight weeks.
- Youth, age 18 and under, have to complete 60 minutes of activity and adults have to complete 30 minutes of activity.
- At the end of the eight weeks, anyone who successfully accomplishes the challenge will receive a special presidential award.
This week, the BIE has over 13,000 participants in the challenge. Sign up and be active!
- BIE PALA Training for BIE PALA Coordinators (2/3/2011)
- BIE PALA School Registration Form
- BIE PALA Tracking Log