Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The employees of the Bureau of Indian Education (BIE) are significant assets to the organization. Unfortunately, managers, and employees are sometimes faced with problems or situations that may interfere with their jobs. Many problems become overwhelming and employees may need assistance. Therefore, in accordance with CFR § 792, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) agreement has been implemented for use by BIE employees.
Beginning in October 2012, there is a new contractor, EAP Consultants, Inc. (EAPC), providing EAP services to BIE employees.
EAPC maintains a web site and offers a number of convenient on-line services such as:
- Securely requesting EAP services
- Access to expert information to help you address some of life's most commonly encountered issues,and
- An online orientation to the EAP program
To participate in the EAP, simply call EAP Consultants, Inc., at 800-869-0276 or securely request services directly from the Member Access page at: www.espyr.com/sign-in/ and use our password: interioreap
- Cost: The EAP is paid for by the Department of the Interior. There is no charge to you or your dependent family members for EAP services.
- Confidentiality: Use of the program is also confidential, within the bounds of the law. EAPC will not disclose to us who uses the program. We will not be aware you are using the services unless you choose to inform us, or give written permission to EAPC to disclose the information.
The goal of EAP is to restore employees to full productivity. EAP is ready to help; all you have to do is call.