Assessments and Accountability
Integrated content and assessments ensure broad access to accurate and timely student and school level information which is used for educational decision making. The use of this information also provides high quality technical assistance and professional development to school and department personnel. This also ensures that policies, procedures, and decisions support a high performing and accountable education system.
Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) requires that each Agency (State) Plan implement a set of high-quality student academic assessments in Math, Reading or English Language Arts, Science and Alternate.
BIE will test in the following grade spans for each assessment:
- Math: Grades 3-8 and 11: Vendor - Pearson
- Reading or English Language Arts: Grades 3-8 and 11: Vendor - Pearson
- Science: Grades 4,7 and 10: Vendor - Unique Design Professional Solutions, Inc./Cognia
- Alternate: As specified in a student’s Individual Education Plan (IEP): Vendor - Unique Design Professional Solutions, Inc./Cogni
- English Language Proficiency for English Language Learners: Vendor - University of Wisconsin (WIDA)
- Memorandum Standards, Assessments and Accountability (SAAS) SY 20-21
- Press Release Standards, Assessments and Accountability System (SAAS)
- Presentation Approved Standards, Assessments and Accountability System (SAAS)
- Presentation Assessments Waiver Consideration