Achievement through Aligned Assessments
Integrated content and assessments ensure broad access to accurate and timely student and school-level information which is used for educational decision making. The use of this information also provides high-quality technical assistance and professional development to school and department personnel. This also ensures that policies, procedures, and decisions support a high-performing and accountable education system.
Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) requires that each Agency (State) Plan implement a set of high-quality student academic assessments in Math, Reading or English Language Arts, Science and Alternate.
BIE will test in the following grade spans for each assessment:
- English Language Arts (ELA) and Math – Testing Vendor: Pearson – Grades: 3-8, 11
- Science – Testing Vendor: Cognia Inc. – Grades: 5, 8, 11
- Alternate ELA, Math, Science (Cognitive Disabled per IEP) – Testing Vendor: Cognia Inc./MSAA – ELA/Math: Grades: 3-8, 11 – Science: Grades: 5, 8, 11
- English Language Proficiency – Testing Vendor: WIDA – Grades: K-12
BIE testing windows for school year 2021-2022:
- English Language Arts (ELA) and Math March 21 – May 13
- Science: April 4 – May 20
- Alternate: March 14 – April 29
- English Language Proficiency: January 24 – March 31
SY 2021-22 Chief Academic Office Webinar Recordings