Welcome to BIE's Human Resources Office
We deliver a full range of quality human resources services to the Bureau of Indian Education funded and operated schools, enabling school staff and administrators to focus on providing quality and innovative educational experiences to students and their families.
Please take a look around, and feel free to contact us if we can provide any additional assistance.
Mission and Goals
The Human Resources Team is dedicated to the support of the Bureau of Indian Education programs, always remembering the link between high-quality Human Resources Services and our impact on students in the classrooms.
- To deliver quality human resource services to BIE-funded and operated schools, enabling school staff and administrators to focus on providing quality and innovative educational experiences to students and their families.
- Provide timely and appropriate assistance to recruit and retain a highly skilled and motivated workforce.
- Maintain professionalism and integrity in all customer interactions, promoting respect and consideration at all levels of the organization.
- Provide all BIE Staff timely and accurate advice, assistance, and encouragement.
- Seek and promote professional development at all levels, to enhance employee performance; and be creative in the use and development of resources.
The Human Resources Office for the Bureau of Indian Education is a challenging and dynamic place to work. The Human Resources Team is committed, knowledgeable and empowered. We deliver a full-range of quality human resource services to over 60 Bureau of Indian Education funded and operated schools nationwide, enabling school staff and administrators to focus on providing quality and innovative educational experiences to students and their families. There are approximately 5,000 teachers, administrators and support personnel in the BIE operated school system.
We invite you to take a look at our website; and check out our nation-wide job announcements, for professional teachers, paraprofessional classroom technicians, administrative, technical, clerical, trade and maintenance staff. Then, check back often for HR updates!
Join us for a positive and rewarding experience!
The Department of the Interiors Ethics Office seeks to promote an ethical culture among DOI employees, allowing both employees and the public to have confidence in the Department’s management of America's vast natural and cultural resources. We build this ethical culture by providing ethics advice, counseling and education to DOI's employees, as well as managing the financial disclosure report process. The Ethics Office is not an enforcement or investigatory office. Our mission is prospective: helping employees think through potential conflicts of interest before taking an action.
The Agency Ethics Program and Officials can be reached through:
Departmental Ethics Office | Office of the Solicitor
U.S. Department of the Interior | Bureau of Indian Education Albuquerque NM
For more information, check out the Interior's Ethics webpage.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The U.S. Department of Interior, Office of Equal Opportunity & Civil Rights Programs (OEOCRP) enforces Federal laws that protect federal employees from discrimination in employment. If you believe you’ve been discriminated against at work or in applying for a job, the OEOCRP may be able to help.
What can You Do if You Believe Discrimination has Occurred?
The first step is to promptly contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Civil Rights Programs (OEOCRP). Do Not Delay, because there are strict time limits for filing a charge of discrimination (45 days from the date the discrimination occurred). You can reach the OEOCRP in any of the following ways:
Call: EEO Hotline: (202) 219-1650; or,
Fax: (202) 513-7572Email: email@example.com
Additional information about the OEOCRP, including information about filing a complaint of discrimination, is available at: http://www.bia.gov/bia/eeo
What's New in HR?
- Updated Weather and Safety Leave - Associated with COVID-19
- Current Vacancies
- Pay Scales
- Employee Benefits
- Recruitment and Placement
- Classification and Job Category Standards
- Retirement Information
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee & Labor Relations
- BIE Office of Workers Compensation Programs (OWCP) Benefits
- Personnel Security Programs